Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day

In honor of Earth day I knit a market bag almost every year.  When I go to the grocery store I try to bring my own bags and do my little part to reduce waste.

This year I knit the "Grrlfriend Market Bag" by Laura Spradlin. It is a free pattern you can find on Ravelry.  I really like the single strap for it - and that it is knit in one piece. After all, seaming a market bag seems counter-intuitive. The pattern is well-written and the finished bag is perfect for running errands.

I knit the bag using Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton in color 637 Raspberry and used size 8 and 10 needles. I am really pleased with it and look forward to farmers markets in Hoboken so I can put it to good use.

Happy Earth Day everyone!  Knit, Crochet, Create - and be Green!


No comments: